What is MyY?
- MyY is your place to share your story. This is your chance to tell the world about how the YMCA has influenced your life! Whether through Child Care, Employment Services, Health and Fitness or Financial Assistance, we want you to share your journey.
What is the Purpose of MyY?
- Simple… communicate the great things MyY does to support the community. As a charity it is important that we not only support local communities, but also receive support from local fundraising efforts. With your support, we can make a difference in more lives, more childrens families and youth will be given the chance to enjoy a YMCA experience.
What’s the catch?
- No Catch! No cost involved, no weekly emails, we just want to hear from you! But, we are accepting donations to the Strong Kids Campaign on a voluntary basis.
How can you participate in MyY?
- Upload a written story, video interview or drawing. View the “Upload your Story” page for more details.
How do I upload a video?
- To upload a video to the MyY site it must first be uploaded onto your personalYouTube channel. Once on YouTube you can simply enter the URL into the upload section of the MyY website.
Which YMCA’s are involved in this Campaign?
- This campaign has been designed and launched by the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka, which has eight major centres in the area, including; Barrie, Collingwood, Innisfil, Orillia, Parry Sound, Midland, Wasaga Beach and Gravenhurst.
- However, this is an international campaign. Whether from Ontario, Vancouver or Florida, all Y stories are welcome!
Who can enter the contest?
- Anyone! As soon as you participate and upload your story, you are automatically entered.
How do you win the MyY contest?
- You win by sharing your story. The more times you share it, the more chances to win. Visit the contest page for more details.
If I have a question, who do I contact?
- If you have a question regarding the MyY campaign, please contact the Barrie YMCA.